WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR IN A BRAND STRATEGY PARTNER:
• Branding that not just looks good, but resonates with your market and moves them to action.
• An integrated approach to branding that reaches all touchpoints.
• A professional and strategic approach, not something that just “looks cool.”
• A smart listener – someone who is able to hear what you’re saying, and then translate that information into effective brand materials.
• Professionalism and a great work ethic – someone who is looking out for your best interest.
SOME THOUGHTS ON BRANDING
- ADVERTISING DOESN’T WORK. At least not the way it used to. When I was a child, consumers could choose from 3 TV stations, a handful of coffee brands, and tennis shoes that numbered in the single digits. Today, there are millions of brand names competing for that vital position: Mindshare. Moreover, consumers actually spend more to block ads than advertisers spend to reach their target audience. We have to think differently.
- EVERYONE THROWS THIS WORD “BRANDING” AROUND like today’s fresh fish catch. But what exactly does it mean? Ask some, and they will say your brand is your logo, your colour scheme, and the visuals you use in your collateral material. Others will say it’s your positioning statement and the way you present yourself to your customer. Ask still another, and you’ll get an answer about their hip, award-winning design.
- A TEAM HAS TO UNDERSTAND BRANDING, and they understood that it is all these things mentioned above, and so much more. Branding cannot be described as merely a marketing term or a set of deliverables. It is a foundation conveying who you are, what your association is and how your audience should perceive you; and it all centres around the increasing necessity of mindshare and conceptual ownership.
A GREAT BRAND STARTS WITH INFORMATION. This is the fundamental starting point of any project. Most of my clients have a good feel for where they want their brand to go. It’s my job to draw out those wellsprings of information, so I can communicate them visually and through brand messaging. I know how to extract the essentials needed from you – what lies at the very core of your organisation.
THAT’S WHY FOR EACH BRANDING PROJECT, WE WILL:
• Develop a creative brief / branding roadmap
• Conduct secondary research on your target market
• Analyse your competition
• Gather visuals to determine the look + feel
• Present 2-3 comps
• Listen carefully and discerningly to your feedback
• Refine the chosen direction to perfection
• Present all digital material in print-ready format, as required
• Accompany each logo with a brand standards booklet
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• A collaborative process. You have the vision. I bring it to fruition
• Smart Creativity
• Professionalism at all times
• A partner to help you elucidate and refine your brand
• Clear communication with you, my client
• My very best work, every time
• A commitment to honesty, integrity, and your best interest
PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT:
• Something for nothing
• Something out of nothing
• Something just like everything else
• Everything yesterday
• More from me than what you are willing to give
WHAT I BRING TO THE TABLE:
I have over 8 years experience in Australia in large market research firms creating effective, emotive brands and presentations that WORK. I have created many well-respected brands that go on to create featured in many books on branding, logos, packaging and restaurants.